Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

Your Loss

I gave up on someone tonight. Through all of the bullshit we've gone through, you'd think that this wouldn't have phased us. But apparently, they were looking for an excuse to be mad at me. As always, everything I do is wrong. But guess what? I'm doing something right. I'm letting go. Who cares what they think anyways? They obviously gave up on me quite awhile ago, so why not repay the favor? 
When we broke up 3 years ago, I gave you space. Two whole years of space. And when we finally became close to working things out again, you screwed me over, and didn't even bother to tell me. I got to hear it from someone else. Your best friend, at that. But I still made an effort to be "just friends" with you. I even tried to help you with the new girl when things got hard. I don't think I know anyone else that would do that; in fact, most other people would take advantage of the situation. But not me. And then, I told you something that I knew would blow any chance I would ever have with you because I knew that if you found out any other way, you'd be mad. And if we were ever to be together again, I wanted absolutely no secrets between us. After giving me the silent treatment for a month, you decided to 'try again' with me, but that didn't last very long, because now you think you have a new reason to be mad at me. Well guess what. Fuck you. I don't need "friends" like you. I tried. I tried so hard to fix shit between us, and you always let me think that we were okay; that is, until you found some new asinine reason to be pissed off at me. Well I'm done trying, Zach. If you want to be a pissed off little kid, then go. Pout in your corner. But certainly don't try to fool yourself by calling yourself a man.
You're anything but.

You lost a good person from your life tonight. I hope you're proud of yourself. You'll Miss Me someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment