Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Yes, please :)

God, this weekend could not have gone better.
First of all, I meet an amazing guy.
Then I see a great movie.
Friday and Saturday I hung out with some of my guy friends (the usual).
And then there's today.

Today, not only did I manage to switch shifts with someone at work so I could watch the Superbowl with the boys, and not only did the team I was rooting for (Baltimore Ravens) win the Superbowl (in such a close game, even my voice is rough, and I never get into sports that bad), but...
the amazing guy from Thursday night asked me out on a date :D
That's right :)
Aaron is taking me out to see Top Gun (circa 1986) in Imax 3D on Friday night.
I think it's safe to say I'm excited. Not only is it going to be with a guy that I think is genuinely decent, and funny and all around great, but it's Top Gun. One of my favorite movies ever. I mean, I have the soundtrack on cassette tape, and I love it to death. It's Top Gun, guys... and if you don't think it's a good movie...
Two words: Volleyball Scene
And I think one of my favorite parts is that Aaron was apparently nervous about calling. How great is that? And I thought I was the only one... :)

Work went by so fast after that phone call. Those last 2 hours or so just flew by. I could feel that I was smiling like a clown, but I didn't care. I'm sure I made a few other people smile because of it, so it's worth it, 100%. I don't think I've been this anxious for a week to go by as I am right now.

Now it's just a matter of figuring out exactly what I'm feeling. Because I'm most definitely excited. And really happy. But I'm also really nervous. It's been a while since I've gone out on a legitimate first date, it feels foreign to me. Actually, I don't think I've ever actually been on a real first date, now that I think about it. They've always just been group hangouts that end up in someone admitting they want to start a relationship.

So this is a very nice change of pace. He's just racking up brownie points here, isn't he? :)

I hope everyone had as good a night as I did :) Congrats to the Ravens!

No comments:

Post a Comment