Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

You Are Worth It.

Dear Troubled Friend,
I know you don't have things easy. I know exactly how that feels.
It's not nice.
I also know you have friends that love you, and care about you, and worry about you. I also know how that feels.
It's very nice.

I just feel that you forget we're here for you, and that we always will be. I've seen you at your lowest, and I would hate for you to go back there again. Please, stay positive. Because we DO love you. We ARE here for you. And we ALWAYS will be.

I know you hate your job. And I know that when I say, "if it was fun it wouldn't be work," it won't help any. I know that they're cutting down on hours like everywhere else right now. It sucks sitting at home knowing you should be working, making money.

I know what it's like to have to try to pay bills on a minimum wage job that isn't going anywhere. I also know the pains of losing pride because you are really broke, and can't afford to pay all of your bills, let alone to pay for outings with your friends. I myself had to opt out of paying for my storage unit this month in order to have gas for two weeks. It's not as bad as most other bills, since they only tack on an extra $10 if I'm late, and that's only a $40/mo bill, but it still feels awful knowing I couldn't afford my own bills. And I've paid my car insurance late before due to paying for school books for this semester. I'm really paying for that one now, since my original full coverage was $171 a month, and now it's been both $251 last month and $217 this month. It really sucks having to worry about money, I get you there. And I think it hurts me the most when my friends keep asking me to do things, and when I have to say, "I can't, I don't have money for that." It hurts me even worse when they pick me up anyways and say, "No worries, I've got it." But believe me, it will feel better when you are the one who can say, "No worries, I've got it."

I know your parents aren't the greatest people on planet Earth. We all tend to think that our parents are God awful at some point. And we all know mine weren't the most easy going individuals. But it will get better, I promise. Even if it means they get a big fat attitude and they kick you out, and you have to move in with your Grandma. Things WILL get better. It may take some time, but things start to look up eventually.

Through all of my hard times, my friends have always been there for me. It's my turn.
I AM HERE FOR YOU.
Call me crying. Show up unannounced where I'm at when you need a friend. Hug me too tight when you feel like breaking down. Just know that I'm here for you. Like I always have been, like I always will be.

And when it comes to love and loss, it's useless worrying about it. I am living proof that all of the worrying and trying in the world isn't going to change their minds. It sucks. It hurts. And it makes you feel worthless. I know. I've been there, all too much. But I've noticed something: The moment you stop caring, stop looking for a replacement, stop trying for them, someone new comes into your life and it feels like nothing else mattered. They make you feel like life is finally falling into place, and that maybe, just maybe, things can be better. They accept you for you, and expect nothing less, nothing more. They just want to make you happy, and vice versa. It's the most wonderful feeling in the world, letting go. I know it's incredibly hard at first, but the more you don't talk to them, the less you see them, or talk about them, or associate with them...the less you think about them, and the less you care. The less they matter to you. The less power they have over you. So go out, have fun, meet new people. Enjoy life. Because that is the best revenge you could possibly have on someone who has hurt you as badly as they have. If you have to, block them entirely from your life. Block them on social sites, block their email address, and most importantly, block their phone number. The less access they have to you, the less you're going to be reminded that you weren't good enough for them.

But guess what. That's a lie. You were good enough for them. In fact, you were better than them. And you want to know why? Because you tried. When they made you feel worthless, when they degraded you, violated you, and made you into a wounded animal, you tried.
You ARE worth it. You always will be.
We do care about you. We are your friends. We love you. We want to help you.
Don;t forget who the real friends are, honey. We've always been here <3



Money, troubles, and relationships come and go, but friends never do. We are here for you, thick and thin. Always have been, always will be.


Don't EVER let yourself forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment