Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

I'm A Beck & Call Wench and I'm Proud Of It

Okay, now that I got my frustration out, let's talk about the wonderful parts of my life.

I didn't throw today in ceramics, I decided to work on glazing some stuff, and started my sgraffito cylinder (you essentially paint the clay when it's wet, then let it dry until it's crumbly to the touch, then scrape your design in, leaving the white tone of the clay to show through). I also found out we will be working on masks very soon, and started sketching mine (with some notes). I really hope it turns out well... I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but that's kind of my M.O. I'm thinking either shaped/carved wood for the tusks or hollow clay cones, I haven't decided quite yet. I scribbled this down in maybe a minute or so, so it's really rough still, with very little details, but hopefully the end product will be great.

I also visited the sickly young man I am tied to. I brought him some NyQuil, some cold/flu meds, and some Kleenex. Oh, the excitement about the Kleenex. He's such a sweetheart in his penguin pj pants ;) I really hope he feels better soon, the poor thing. He called into work for the first time ever this morning :( I'm hoping the meds kick the crap out of whatever he's got. They certainly worked for me when I needed them. Even when he's half dead and coughing like he's been smoking for 50some odd years, I'd have rather been curled up and warm next to him than across the room in his computer chair. I just want him to feel better. He's wonderful, he deserves to feel wonderful. But until then, he's stuck with me being his beck & call wench. I'll do what I can to get him back to his normal self :)

Also, I have begun to notice a very peculiar pattern in my life. Any time that I don't bother putting on makeup, that's when all these random dudes start conversing with me. Take today in ceramics, for example. Julian, a dude I have never spoken with, struck up an entire conversation with me. I don't know if it was because he felt like it was awkward just standing there in silence glazing our pots together or what. But he started asking me about high school, what I did for fun, really random weirdness that came out of nowhere. And Will, my table mate in the same class, decided to help me out with a ton of my projects I was finishing up without me asking or signalling that I needed it. Just decided on his own to help me out and talk to me. It's so strange. Also, a lot more male customers come up to me when I'm not wearing makeup as well. Like, what is going on here? Is this some secret I never knew about? Do I have to wear makeup every day now? Because I don't want that. I don't want to feel obligated by the public to slap a face on. But if it keeps guys away from me, maybe I should. Less people that Aaron would have to potentially beat up ;) I just don't understand. Can someone please explain this anomaly to me? Because obviously, this concept of no make up being optimal is foreign to me...

Anywho.... I have Chelsea over. We're probably going to go out of state for breakfast in the morning. Because that's how we do. I love you guys. All 1,414 of you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment