Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

9:56 pm

So, today. Very interesting, to me at least. Maybe it was a whole bunch of "you had to be there" moments, but I thought it was interesting because I WAS there, I lived it.

To start off my day, my car was ruthlessly pushed by wind and ice into a patch of grass. Luckily all that happened was me throwing her into reverse and leaving some tread in the dirt. Charlie's a good girl.
Then school, which is almost always boring, so let's skip over that part. Though I have to admit, I did finish what I think to be a very kick-ass bowl in my ceramics course. I love the texture I got on it, and it fits perfectly in my palm (can you say my new official Cheez-It bowl??).
So anyways, after school, me and Rachel decided to venture out to the Taco Hell near school. Can you say "bad idea" (apparently I have a "can you say...blah blah blah" phase going on tonight...)? Because it was. Charlie rammed right into the back end of a beautiful Nissan when I went to park. She just kissed that other car's ass like it was her master. Scared the crap out of me. I checked the Nissan, though, and Charlie didn't leave any of her makeup on him ;) Though for a minute, I was worried that she took some of his, and I think you can see why....
I sat in the Taco Bell trying to figure out who drove the car for quite some time, and the next thing I knew, the car was gone, and no one had come in screaming, "Which asshat that drives the Taurus hit me?!" So I figured I was safe. When we left, I pointed to the spot for Rachel to see. Only I pointed with my foot, and my sneaker wiped off some of what I thought was paint. Turns out it was only salt from the roads. Thank god! Charlie's quite the trooper. She's been through hydroplaning, been tossed into a ditch full of ice and snow, been in the grass, and kissed a Nissan's ass (though why in the world a Thoroughbred Ford would do such a thing is beyond me...Oh wait, that's right, operator error...whoops).
She doesn't have an Autobots tattoo for nothing ;) She's truly a superhero in disguise ;)

So there was a really normal portion of my day (which absolutely never happens...). 
But then I burned the rug. 
Yep. Burned the installed carpet in my bedroom. You may be asking, "How in the world do you burn your carpet?" Well this is how: by cleaning your room. More importantly, getting rid of old memories in order to make room for new ones. For whatever reason, I still had not gotten rid of some of Brandon's notes and cards and such. While most of anything having to do with him is either gone or in my storage unit, there were a few things floating about in folders that I hadn't yet gotten to. In organizing some of my paperwork, I ran across said notes from Brandon. Filled with nothing but lies, they were useless to me. So, I picked up my lighter (for candles, not smoking, just for clarification...) and lit them up. For whatever reason, I had not thought to open the window before doing so. And what is worse is I had done the exact same thing not that long ago for other notes from the same individual, and apparently had not learned from the first experience of having to cut and scrape the crap out of my carpet. Well, as you can imagine, the paper just kept burning. Eventually, it was too hot to hold, and I dropped it. It burned a lot worse this time... And I did this when? Oh, that's right, when I was supposed to be leaving the house very shortly to pick Aaron up. So, after burning worthless memories along with my poor innocent carpet, I got down on my hands and knees Cinderella style and started hacking away at the singed, melted fibers that once were beautiful tan carpeting. My poor room. It's so tortured. But you can barely tell anything happened to the carpet, and I made sure Aaron knew I hadn't forgotten about him, letting him know I was coming to get him, and that I had burned the rug (which was something I had to explain in the car).
We (Aaron, myself, and Chelsea) went out to Arby's to visit Chelsea's boyfriendish type deal. Nothing too spectacular happened there, except that Ryan (the boyfriendish type deal) gave me a free chocolate croissant. Yum :)






The best part of my day, by far, was at 9:56 pm.
Why? Well I'll just say this: Aaron made me one of the happiest girls in the tri-state area at 9:56 pm.
Tonight has just been grand :) Absolutely grand :) Because he finally asked me to be his :)
No other Monday will ever compare.
And no one has had a better Monday night than I had tonight. It never seizes to amaze me how such simple words can be formed into a simple question, and how a simple question can turn into never-ending smiles <3






No comments:

Post a Comment