Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Insert Witty Excerpt Here

Happy first day of "spring." Sure as hell doesn't feel like spring here, that's for sure. Even on the news, they mentioned that last year, it was 83 degrees out. Compared to today's 11 degree weather with below 0 windchills, that sounds glorious, even though I know we were all complaining it was too hot last year. This is pretty much how everyone I saw on campus today looked, no joke. If it's spring, you could have fooled me.

Also today, I discovered how detrimental spring break was for me (again, um, spring break? Even the calendar disagreed). I had a test in my HUM class today, which is just plain cruel, considering it was our first class since break. I mean, I quick studied this morning and everything, but I still only ended up with a 78%, which is unacceptable to my standards. I'm sure most of you are like, "pfft, I'd take it," but that's because you didn't grow up like I did, with who I did. Getting C's was never acceptable when I was growing up. If I had a C, I had no life as well. In fact, from 7th grade through senior year, I really didn't have much of a life at all primarily because of my grades being "so terrible" (aka having a C in science &/or math, my worst subjects by far). In fact, my senior year, in which I took a one semester College Algebra course, I neither went to Homecoming or Prom because of the class. Homecoming, my teacher really screwed me over simply based on the fact that he didn't know my mother. He had marked me absent on a Friday, when the weather was gorgeous, and he was my last class. Then when Mom thought I had skipped, he told her that he'd asked ME if I had been in class, to which I replied with an honest, "Uh, yeah." Nice going, teach. Tell my Mom that you asked the kid she doesn't trust worth a shit if she'd been in class. A+ The Prom thing was my fault, but it was still shitty, considering I ended the class with a C in January, and Prom wasn't until May. But whatever, I heard I didn't miss out on much. Plus, I didn't have to spend any money to go, either. In fact, I was working Prom night, earning money. Take that, suckers ;)

Anywho...
I finally checked some of my emails from awhile back, and I noticed I had a few emails from you guys who read and don't know me! First off, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU for using the English language the way it's supposed to be used, unlike someone else we all know who also emailed me.... ;) Also, a thank you to those who supported my Step 2: Oh  HELL No post in your emails, it made me smile a little bit more every time you guys insulted her to me. You guys are fucking awesome.
Most of you, however, wanted me to elaborate a bit when it came to singing (referencing the post in which Chelsea & Aaron snuck up on me when I was doing my own thing). Maybe in the future I will post a video of me, or a sound clip of me if that's possible (I sure hope it is, or you're just getting a wall or something. I'm camera shy when it comes to this). But I suppose I can direct you to some older performances of mine, and by old, I mean Jr High talent show, metal mouth material. Like, before I knew what I was doing. If the elementary school performances were up here, I'd give you that one too, solely because I know it was god awful. But here's what my fajjah has posted on YouTube because he thinks he's "hip." And don't even think about talking about my hair in this first one. Trust me, I know I look like a Goomba from Mario. Let's move past it, please.

2007 Talent Show- Satellite by Anna Nalick
2010 Talent Show- Don't Know Why by Norah Jones

In that second one, I know it's hard to believe, but that was my music instructor failing miserably at the piano piece. She threw me off so badly.... and I know I look like I have to pee most of the time. I just stand like that when I'm nervous or something, I don't know. But that song is probably on my favorites list, I used to fall asleep to Norah and Buble all the time growing up. Just wish Broaddus (the instructor) had been more on time with the song. You'd swear she didn't bother listening to the original to get a feel for it. Oh well.
Well there you go. Like I said, maybe sometime I'll record something else, but it'd be... hard for me to do. It's too awkward with just a camera and me, I think. I might have something floating around on my computer, but I'll dig for it later. I need to organize a lot of my files anyways, so I might run across it.

On another musical note, I finally listened to Aaron's weekly online radio rock show tonight. He played a healthy mix, and even remembered what song I'd mentioned what seems like forever ago. If you're interested, you can always listen to him and a ton of other shows at a site called YKnot Radio. It's actually pretty neat. A lot better than local stations for sure. You won't get stuck with the Top 40 on here, no sir. So go listen to my boyfriend so you can hear some good music (and maybe so he can get a little ego boost) on Weds 7pm CST ;) Nick also has a show or two himself, so go listen to him too (Fri 7am CST & Tues 8pm CST) because he's a pretty cool dude :) Just get away from the Top 40, please. You can go back to your radio in a month and it'll be the same, I can almost guarantee it. Let's get this thing around the world, for you readers across the globe ;)

Well.
Hm.
I don't remember what I was going to say. Guess that's a good time to leave you guys with the rest of your night. And maybe I'll do my ECE paper, since it's due tomorrow and I know I won't want to get up early to shower and everything and then write a whole paper before Aaron gets off work. Plus, I waited until last minute to do this dumb Educational Article Review thing last month, and we all know how that left me feeling.
Like crap, that's how.

Alrighty, well I hope everyone has a good night! I might, once I finish this paper. Oh, and I get to not wear real pants pretty much all day tomorrow...SCORE ;) Goodnight, stay wonderful! You're welcome back any time, any time at all :)





No comments:

Post a Comment