Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Mail, Muffins, & Moving

First of all, Happy St Patrick's Day!
I celebrated by getting up early, getting a lecture from my mother (along with my mail), and leaving my old driveway with tears streaming down my face. Whoo. You'd swear I never moved out with the way she nags me and treats me like the biggest disappointment on Earth. I'm glad I didn't wear makeup. Lesson I learned today was that in order to be in the same room as her for more than 10 minutes, I need a buffer friend. Got it. Looks like Allie has a permanent position. Really getting tired of this kind of bullshit, especially first thing in the morning.
Then I went to the store to buy the coveted muffin mix from the other weekend. Aaron's reaction to the last batch was priceless, considering the mix is only $1 at the supermarket. Nothing special at all, but he liked them, so I made sure to get the kind he liked. We made said muffins and drank some tea like the adults we are.
Then came the moving. See, we usually just curl up on the bed when we're in the bedroom, since there really isn't anywhere else to sit except his computer chair and the floor. Well we can't both fit in the chair and the floor gets uncomfortable after awhile, so the bed seems like the optimal spot. But not for his momma. She's worried that since we're always up there, it's more likely we're always up to no good. She wanted piece of mind, so she told him he needed to figure out a seating arrangement. Well, we did it. We cleared off the couch in the basement, and rearranged the house so we could move it up to the ground floor. Took awhile, but it happened. Then the lazy bum friend we have finally woke up, and he "helped" Aar move the couch up the second flight of stairs. It's a comfy little spot, but there really isn't much room in Aaron's room for it. We'll figure it out. If it gives the momma bear piece of mind, I won't argue one bit. I'd like it if she liked me and didn't feel the need to worry, even if she has every right to do so.
All in all, my St Patty's Day was pretty good, even if it did start out really rough :) Hope everyone had a good day as well!
Oh, and a crab community update:
Bruce is dead and lost another leg. Alfred was brutally maimed, and lost his fighting claw. And Speedy, the newcomer, is just fine. I can only assume that he is the culprit who tore off limbs and ruthlessly ripped Bruce from his shell and left him to die in the dirt. Speedy has been placed in solitary confinement indefinitely. He gets the small crate while Alfred has inherited the mansion crate.
Crabs are assholes. And they fight at 1:30 in the morning. In my opinion, if a family welcomes you into their home, and you decide to murder one of them and rip off limbs from the other, you are an asshole. Damn hermit crabs...

No comments:

Post a Comment