Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

BOO-to-the-YAH

Today was fabulous. Even ceramics was good. And why is that? Because I finished my elephant. I am so proud of myself, and as much as Lynn kept telling me that it wasn't going to happen, it did. I finished it, and she even complimented it in front of everyone. With some extra work time today, I managed to make it look good :) All that needs to be done is the bisque process, staining/glazing, and then firing it. Then, she'll be all mine. Considering I did most of it with one hand, I'd say she looks pretty fricking bad ass.
I'm going to be staining it with black so that all the weathered/wrinkled parts of the skin get it in the grooves. The rest will be grey, like in the picture. The stain will just provide some shadowing and contrast with the texture. I also will be glazing the tusks (they're so dinky) so that they're nice and shiny. I worked pretty hard on forming this thing, so it's definitely going to be a piece that I keep. No one else will ever be allowed to have it.
Also, my super long lecture class got cancelled today, since our professor is sick. That was glorious!
And on top of it all, it was the last day of class this week. Thank god for long weekends. Especially with college classes.
So for school today, I'd say a big Booyah was in order. Super success :)

I spent the remainder of my evening over at Aaron's, where he showed me how beautiful the graphics for his new game are. He's so in love with it, though he doesn't want to admit to it ;) I watched a movie on Netflix while he did his radio show. It was called ATM, and it really wasn't all that bad. This link kind of tells you the whole damn movie, but if you just watch it, it's really not all that bad, despite the Rotten Tomatoes reviews. There were definitely flaws in the story line every once in awhile (like why they kept trying to focus on the fact that the doors wouldn't open without a card, but the woman clearly just walked in anyways), but overall, a good almost thriller movie. The coolest parts about the whole thing though were 1) seeing Josh Peck all grown up from his Drake & Josh days and 2) the map at the very end of the movie, where it clearly shows our area of town. Overall, not a bad movie, but not a super thriller either. A good one time watch, for sure.

Well..... I suppose I'll finish watching this episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and go to bed. I have an early lazy day tomorrow (I know that makes no sense, but whatever), so I shall talk to you all later. Here's one of my all time favorite bedtime stories from when I was a kid. It's about an adorable baby bat... can you guess what it is? ;) Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment