Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 31, 2013

I'm Baaaaack

We're floating! With a random Asian chick!
Alrighty, let's get this show on the road. It's been a few days since I last actually posted, and if I remember right, it was a pathetic post anyways, so I owe you guys!
Friday I think was when I started bailing out on you guys.
Well, I had work, which was ridiculously busy, blah blah blah. I hung out with an old family friend so that she could get some Easter shopping done. We went to meet my dad to get my phone, but something wasn't working at the Verizon store so I couldn't do it. Boo. She then took me out for dinner for my birthday. I chose Panera, and found out she'd never been there. Craziness.
He wanted out of there as soon
as he got in
After I'd dropped her off back at her house, Aaron came and picked me up to go to one of his buddy's houses for a bonfire. It was beautiful weather outside compared to most days lately, so it was a nice kickoff to spring. I quite enjoyed my evening with the boys, listening to Nick make up a song about a fat ass cat, and just hanging out in the smoke and warmth of the fire.

Saturday was our trip to Chicago for Chelsea and I's birthday weirdness. For waking up at 7am on a weekend, we had a really good time :) We went to the Sears Tower (aka Willis Tower... dumb), where we went out on the ledge (much to Aaron's disliking), which was pretty neat. Aaron wasn't a fan of the glass floor that was off the side of the building, it was too high and unnatural. But we managed to get him out there for a brief amount of time not once, but twice  :) He conquered his fear for those 30 something seconds or so. I'm proud of him ;)
Floating again
After that adventure, we went to Ed Debevic's, a diner joint where the waiters are paid to be rude to you. It took us a little bit to get seated, but the food was totally worth it. Plus, they all got up on the tables and bar and danced at one point, which was fairly amusing. I really wish we had one around town. I was full for pretty much the rest of the night after that. Delicious!
We wandered around Millennium Park as well, because we had to go to the Bean. Duh, it's a Chicago staple! The weather was absolutely beautiful, a nice 55+ degree with a slight breeze, and very little clouds. Much nicer than we've all gotten used to this year.
Aw :)
We got back home around 8pm, and I headed over to Aaron's for a bit to make some jello and dye some Easter eggs. I don't understand the tradition whatsoever, but I participated as much as I could. Aaron made me an egg, since I was deficient in the talents of Easter Egg dying and such. How cute :)
I passed out for a bit, definitely didn't want to wake up, but he woke me up anyways and drove me over to Chelsea's, where I quickly passed out again until this morning.
So. Much. Candy.
Today, I woke up at Chelsea's, where we had home cooked egg mcmuffin type dealios and chit chatted until I was summoned to go to Aaron's family Easter get-together. We went to the house for a bit before hand, where I was told to hunt for an Easter basket in the living room. I sat down on the couch, scanned the room, and said, "it's behind the TV," to which his mom said, "well get it!" She gave me quite a bit, about as much as what her own kids got. I really am part of the family, I guess. I can't say I'm complaining, that's for sure :)
We watched the season finale of Walking Dead, and even though I haven't completely watched the entire third season, I was caught up enough to know what was going on, and caught up enough to be disappointed in how it ended. Shame on them. Shame, shame, shame.
Sears Tower
Well, unfortunately, the fun and games must come to an end at some point, and since I have showering and whatnot before school tomorrow, I'd say now is a pretty good time to end it. So here are a few more pictures from the trip, and a Happy Easter to everyone :) Goodnight!

Wow, I look weird...lol

From the 110th floor of the Sears Tower

Chelsea, Aaron, and me

Chelsea and Aaron

Millennium Park <3

On the ledge

All mine? I think so <3

At the Bean


Adventures of the day

I lurve you, Chelsea!


No comments:

Post a Comment