Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Just When The Goin Gets Good

Murphy's Law and I have an intimate affair. It seems that it likes to fake me out though. Like, it teases me with the idea that things could be good, then rips the rug out from under me. As soon as I let myself start to be happy, shit goes down.
For example, I'm happy most of the time these last couple of months. But then, tonight happens. I check my work schedule, and for the second week in a row, I have less than 10 hours. And this week, less than 5. I think it's safe to say that I am not happy about this. I can't afford diddly squat off of 4 hours. And people thought I was nuts for paying off all of my insurance with my tax return. At least I don't have that to worry about for the next 6 months.
And my birthday is coming up. Guess every dime I get will be going towards gas for "work," school, and job hunting.
I AM SO FUCKING SICK AND TIRED OF JOB HUNTING.
I feel like it happens far too often. Granted, it's been about half a year since I last had to,  but still. I shouldn't have had as many jobs as I have. It's sickening. And it makes me look bad on paper. Like, why do I have such an extensive work history when I'm only 19? I'm not a bad worker, I show up, I do my job, I do my job well, and I even do other people's job's when I need to. I show up, and while that isn't that hard, it seems to be for some people. I DO MY JOB. That's what I'm there for. And yet I've been fired twice. Two other jobs were seasonal positions. I left one other because the hours were pathetic. And now I think I get to do the same thing to this job. Might as well make every trend have a second job to go with it: 2 fires, 2 seasonal, now 2 leaves? Why the hell not.
I am just so mad. I have no accurate word. Livid doesn't even cover it. Seething doesn't either. I'm just blatantly pissed off. Yet I still find humor in this picture. So, while this is definitely how I felt looking at my schedule, it also makes me laugh inside.
All I have to say is that this shit better sort itself out fast, or people will get to see a very unflattering side of me a lot more often.
Drink cat piss, payroll, and give me more hours. Or I'll find somewhere else that will, and you'll lose a good employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment