Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

No Makeup Monday

Well, it's that time of the week again. Only this time, it was a bit different. Not necessarily worse, but different.
First of all, it was the first day of classes after spring break, yuck. But it was also a day that I deemed No Makeup Monday for myself. I actually had an accidental No Makeup Sunday as well, and I was still complimented by a complete stranger (okay, not complete, I'd met him once before. And he didn't say it to my face, either, but whatever, you get the point). So I figured, ah, what the hell, why not just do it again tomorrow. So this morning, I woke up and didn't do a damn thing to my face other than wash it. I wasn't feeling putting in the effort, to be honest. It had nothing to do with some movement for natural beauty or anything, it was just planned laziness. And as usual, I had weird things happen. I'm telling you, the No Makeup Anomaly continues.
I was at work and some maybe 15/16 year old girl comes up and starts playing with my hair, and raving about how much she loves it and whatnot. I was in total shock, because..um.. how the crap are you supposed to react when an overly friendly stranger starts petting your head and you can't freak out on them because you're working? It was a tad bit more than awkward to say the least.

In ceramics today, I started over on my elephant mask. I trashed the other one before spring break, it was too big, and I was stuck. But I started over today, with a smaller scale, and a new approach. I'm trying to use an art technique called "shortening," where you create the illusion of larger size/dimension where there isn't any. So his ears are smaller, and the trunk length is a lot shorter, but it still gives an elephant vibe. I need to reshape his trunk end, though once the clay hardens a little bit more. It's too pointy and concave for my liking right now, but the clay was way too soft to try to work it too much. Here's a picture that shows what he kind of looks like so far. You don't get the full effect, but oh well.

I've kind of been in an all around creative mindset today. I've been singing all day, with anything I happen to catch a snippet from, and I've been doodling and designing all over the place. I came up with a possible tattoo design, fairly similar to someone's that I once knew. Hers was absolutely beautiful, and ever since she first got it, I've been rolling it around in my head. My doodles are nothing compared to that, but here's the general concept. I need to work on the shape of the feather, however. Here it's really rough and crummy looking. It all really needs work, to be honest. It says, "My flaws are what make me beautiful." Maybe once I actually start sketching, it'll turn out better. I have nothing but time, it's not like I have to get it right this instant.
I also did some of my more traditional tattoo doodles, playing with different words that flow into infinity symbols. I'm pretty hell bent on the one I typically end up doing, with the word "life" in it. To me, it's not about eternal life, as it would initially indicate. Mine would be more about that fact that life goes on, it's a constant process of learning, and a continuous period of growth, not only physically, but emotionally and so on. Your character, your habits, you as a whole. Life goes on no matter what hardships you go through, and I've had my fair share for awhile now. And all I kept telling myself was "life goes on, but only if you do." And now I'm in a better place than I have been in who knows how long. I also am attracted to the phrase "Stay Strong" for my infinity tattoo, but I'm finding it difficult to design one I'm 100% satisfied with.
I'm hoping that after my first tattoo (which is supposed to happen this May for Allie's birthday; we're getting matching Mockingjays) I don't get addicted. I have so many ideas already that I feel like my body would become a money pit. Here's a sample of my ideas so far:
  • Mockingjay
  • Feather "flaws"
  • Infinity
  • Simba (how Rafiki draws him)
  • Cheshire cat (mouth, nose, & eyes normal, the body in UV ink)
  • Tree (when I have kids, their names would be added throughout the woodgrain)
See what I mean? And I don't even know if I'll be able to handle the needle yet. I'd be so mad if I'm one of those people who just ends up with a "love dot." I can't let that happen!

Well, I don't particularly have anywhere to be tomorrow until my night class, but I also don't particularly have anything else to say tonight, so I'm going to leave you with a few songs that have been going through my head all week long. All very enjoyable, in my opinion, even if one of them is technically by a satanic band.... ;) It's still a decent song now, c'mon guys. Have fun listening!




I know, it's a really odd mix, but that's me. I'm odd, and my dad introduced me to a lot of music as a kid, so you can blame him for most of my weirdness...
Well Goodnight! Hope everyone's Tuesday goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment