Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Kind of People

Today went a bit better than expected at the doctor's office. They felt everything, and asked a few questions about my pain level (absolutely 0), and told me they're not "completely convinced" that the DR in the ER was right about the break. They gave me a compression sleeve and a brace for my wrist, in hopes that the lump will go down. They want to do an MRI to confirm that the lump is just a Ganglion Cyst and that I don't have any cracks in the bone, so hopefully that will go well. No cast is a good sign so far :)
Tried working on some of my Ceramics projects, but didn't get very far. I glazed a few things, sketched my design into my sgraffito cylinder (puzzle pieces...I'm lame, oh well), and started trying to do the ears for my elephant mask. They're still too big to handle with my wrist being all funky, so I dropped the one I'd finished and it cracked down the middle. I wasn't happy at all. I'm starting to re-think this whole thing. Kind of just want to make some weird face to get it over with and not bother with challenging myself. This class is just starting to tick me off. I'm seriously only in it to spite the prof anymore I think. Oh well. That's my own weirdness.

Met some pretty neat people tonight :) I went with Aar over to his Aunt's house (he does an online radio show on Weds nights over there) for dinner. We had some pancakes his cousin/best friend, Nick, made (which were really good, so A+ to you, Nick!), and just kind of hung out with Nick and his girlfriend, Sasha. They're pretty cool cats :) I like them better than most of the other people I've been forced to meet in the past. Aaron's good people, and Aaron comes equipped with more good people :)

So overall, a pretty low key, relaxing day. I like days like these a lot more than days like tomorrow, which include working in the JRs department from 9am-3pm and then going to class (booooo class). Luckily, though, tomorrow is Thursday, which means the weekly outing of me, Aar, and Chels :)
So...goodnight! I'll leave you with this absolutely adorable picture of a baby elephant playing on a beach. Aaron brightened my night at home with it, so I thought I'd share it with you as well <3

No comments:

Post a Comment