Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Fall Has Arrived!

Finally, Autumn has shown up and our weather is absolutely beautiful. Granted, this week has decided to become the summer we never had, but nonetheless, it has been enjoyable thus far.

School began this week, and I can already tell this is going to be a decent semester. I'm taking an easier course list this time around, and my professors all seem nice. I'm currently taking Intro to Sociology, History of the World to 1750, Atmospheric Science, and a childhood nutrition and health class. So not a lot of classes, but a decent amount of new information. Luckily it seems like most of them primarily grade based on papers and tests, so I should do just fine.

The job hunt has intensified quite a bit due to some extreme circumstances that are far too complicated and drawn out to explain. I was told that I had a position as either a crew member or a shift manager at Arby's, but it seems like that ISN'T actually going to happen. There seems to be a major lack of communication within the company, and so the people who told me I had a job actually didn't have control over it. Which is infuriating if you ask me, but I'll get over it. I'm going to continue looking of course, but that was definitely a frustrating and disappointing experience.

Back to the happy, though.



Stephanie started her year on an actual dorm-equipped college campus. While we're definitely excited about it, it still sucks that she'll be about 6 1/2 hours away! I can't wait to hear all about the adventures she has. Her super undesirable ex also goes to the college she'll be at, and apparently his roomate is a stud. Flirting with him has been strongly encouraged. Very strongly encouraged.

This weather has allowed me to wear a few cute ensembles this week, and it quickly made me realize what clothing items I cannot live without:

  • Scarves
  • Cardigans
  • Tank tops
  • Leggings
My favorite outfit though, was one I wore over to Chelsea's on Saturday night. I had been being lazy all day with Aaron, wearing dumpy clothes and not doing anything with my hair but pinning my bangs up.  went home and took two minutes to change into warmer clothes, and it ended up turning into a really cute outfit. I wish I had worn it all day! I even think my fashionista friend Stephanie would have appreciated the minimal effort that went into this. The outfit was really simple:

  • grey tank top
  • black cardigan
  • flower skull scarf (white with yellow, orange, and pink flowers)
  • black rose earrings with crystallized stud backs
  • dark wash jeans rolled to the calf
  • patent black flats
The apple orchard in our area opens tomorrow and I am more than happy about it. I have had an insane craving for their donuts and hot cider for a very long time it seems. This Fall is going to be excellent! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment