Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Calm Life, Happy Heart

Alrighty, folks. After a much needed hiatus from the interwebs, I am back. All of my projects are done and submitted; all that's left is finals for school, then I go back to normal life. Well, normal for me anyways ;)

Not a whole lot has changed for me the last few weeks. Work hours are still super awful. Granted, I managed to get a whole 8 hour shift to myself this Saturday, but there are no new developments in my career path. I applied and got an interview to Olive Garden. It went really well, and the lady I interviewed with told me to set up a second interview, that they'd call me soon. That was Tuesday. I called Friday since I hadn't heard from them, but the woman I needed to speak with was in an interview, so I didn't get a chance to speak to her. I left a message, but it's been a week, so I'm assuming that they just don't care enough to call back, which sucks. But, oh well. No loss, just no gain, either.

I've started getting my medical bills for my wrist, and luckily I can set up payment plans for them. There's no way I'd be able to shell out about $800 in a lump sum. Especially with my other bills, and my insurance coming up soon.

Ew. Let's not think about that.

Over the course of the past few weeks, I've done some new things. Here they are!
I went out to the state park and took my best friend's senior pictures. This one was the overall best one, though there were a decent amount of good ones, considering it was just a few teenagers using a 16 megapixel Fuji camera:


I went to Aaron's band concert for the college. It wasn't what they wanted, but it wasn't bad by any means. And look at how spiffy these fine young percussionists look! Totally worth it :)


 I also went to Aaron's office dinner. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (there is a certain coworker of his that has a large distaste for me...mainly because she's in stalker love with him).


I had people over at the house. I know that sounds simple to you, but believe me, it isn't. My house is tiny, and Gma doesn't like people over, so it never happens. Especially not until 2am. I don't have picture evidence, but I do have a broken chair... and before you think that things got crazy, they honestly didn't. Chelsea broke it on the carpet by scooting back too hard, and the leg snapped. We "fixed" it with wood glue overnight. We'll see how that goes.
We played games and sat around. Really low key, good night. And an even better morning, but that's another story.

I also finished my stupid coil pot in Ceramics, and brought home all of my bowls and such. After Monday, I am going to be so incredibly happy that that class is over. You have no idea.

Well, I don't have a whole lot to say, since nothing super new or interesting has happened yet. There should be plenty of interesting things to tell you about coming up, though :) Making plenty of plans to keep my summer going! Mostly with Aaron, and those are the ones I like the most so far.
Life's going good. I hope you can say the same :)


No comments:

Post a Comment