Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2014

The Perks of Being a Newbie

This just goes to show that if you don't like your situation, YOU have the power to change it. You just have to keep believing that things will get better.

Today, I started my new job! I am now a Customer Service Rep at a company owned by Ebates, full time.
Not only does this new position come as a change of pace, but it comes with so many perks, it's almost unbelievable.
Pay raise: Almost a $3/hour pay raise! Which is huge all by itself, but then you add in the next perk, and it gets infinitely better.
Set hours: Guaranteed hours at the same time every week. The weekends to myself. And it's second shift, so I have the entire day to myself too. This combined with the pay raise means that I can actually start saving, paying off my student loans, and stop worrying about my bank balances all at once. Which is huge for me, for so many reasons. I can pay to have things done to my car finally, like the new tires I need, and the carbon filter that needs cleaned.
Food: I can also save on food! The office caters in lunch/dinner everyday, and has a full kitchen plus snack stations throughout the building. There is so much food, I won't have to ever worry about missing a meal because I had to work. Everything is free, including drinks ranging anywhere from hot cocoa to water to the after-work beer. There's also a full salad bar every day to accompany the company bought lunch.
Gym: That's right. A gym. At the office. For free with 24/7 access. I can go have a good day at work, and then have a good workout before I leave the office.
Dress Code: What dress code? Anyone with any common sense and self respect can go in there in their day-to-day clothes. Jeans. Sandals. Shorts. TeeShirts. Whatever. As long as you look presentable to the general public (if you'd feel comfortable going into Target) you are perfectly fine for work.
Game Rooms: Yep. We have game rooms. Arcade games, Foosball, ping-pong, board games, everything.
Break Rooms: They have one with massage chairs, one entirely made of bean bag chairs, and the lunch room is huge. There's a long buffet table surrounded by all of the dining tables, and it's connected to one of the game rooms.

The office is right on the river in a downtown area, near all of these cute little local shops and eateries. Today there was a bike marathon , which was cool to watch during the last half hour of our day. Speaking of which, the last half hour of the day was pretty neat. They threw a "beer party" (which I couldn't even drink at!) to celebrate my first day. Everyone took a few minutes to come to the lounging area, have a beer, watch the bike race, and introduce themselves before finishing up their shift or lunch hour.
Overall, this seems like a great place to work, and I am super pumped to stay. They even gave me a goodie basket with 6 different types of candy, a TeeShirt, a tumbler cup, and a whole lot of bright crinkly paper fluff.

So here is to new beginnings, because pretty much everyone needs one some day or another.


I hope your summer is going just as well!





No comments:

Post a Comment