Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Long Time, No See

I've been meaning to get on here again for quite some time, but for whatever reason, I just haven't gotten around to it until now (I'm trying to keep myself awake while Aaron transports the 12th chipmunk of the year to a location other than the trap on the side of my garage).

There have been quite a few things that have happened since my last post, though I know I'm going to forget some of them. But I'll try to at least give you an idea of what I've been up to this past month or so.

Aaron and I went to the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago. It was a fun trip! We spent all day out in the sun wandering around looking at all of the animals. The only one that was missing was the elephant. They were doing renovations to the habitat so they would have more room to roam about and such, so they were all at a different location for the time being.




Aaron and I also went on our Cedar Point trip early this month, and that was amazing. We rode every coaster in the park (I even rode two that were absolutely terrifying: Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister) in two days, and still managed to have time to relax at the hotel. The hotel was really nice, we even had brass lions and a giant mermaid in the lobby. Our only wish is that the jacuzzi tub in our room hadn't been broken. But oh well, it's not like it ruined the trip by any means. We had a great time, and I found my new favorite roller coaster (too bad it's so far away), the Gatekeeper. It's a winged ride and you "go upside down 6 times 5 different ways," or at least that's what the announcer said. We managed to get on within half an hour both times we rode it, which is pretty impressive, considering it was the new ride this year at the park. My pictures turned out really blurry, which sucks, but oh well. 
Also, that funnel cake sundae right there was absolutely HUGE. Diabetes on a plate, but super tasty :)

Aaron in front of Cedar Point
The new ride is coming up right over the entrance there

When we got back from Cedar Point, there was a little bit of down time before a few days where I had the house to myself again. Allie turned the big 1-8 and then Grandma went on some Amish vacation shindig with her friends for a few days. I took advantage of having the house to myself again, and had a few people over for a bonfire/cookout. It was a really good night, and I was pleasantly surprised with the turnout. And we didn't even break any chairs this time! ;)
Aaron also has decided that it is his mission to rid me of the storage unit, so we started emptying that into my house. The biggest issue was going to be the entertainment center. Poor Aaron and Matt fought with that thing for about an hour trying to get it down my basement stairs. The top of it got scuffed up by the slanted ceiling, and the ceiling still has bits of cheap furniture paint in it, but that will be a quick fix once I get a scrubby brush of some sort. My plaster walls aren't very forgiving things. In return for their hard work, I made them a pork tenderloin meal. It turned out better than I thought it would, considering all of the improvising I did. They seemed pretty satisfied though, so I must have done pretty well. I'll make a good housewife someday (ha).

I've been hanging out with some old friends again, and that feels great. Though Morgan is moving down to Texas on Saturday, which is just awful. We've had a lot of good times together, and it makes me sad to see her go. I'm going to have to start saving up so I can visit her next summer, I'm definitely going to miss her.
Stephanie and I have gotten closer again as well, which is really great, because I missed her, too. We were really good friends in Jr High, but when I transferred schools my freshman year, we lost touch. It's good to know that things between friends don't change, no matter how long it's been.

I paid off MOST of my medical bills, which is a huge relief. I recently got a $45 one in the mail though, so I can only hope that this is the absolute last one. I've managed to stay afloat this long, but things are still difficult. Getting rid of the storage unit will help for sure, and Stephanie and I are going to donate plasma for a little bit of extra cash as well. We were going to start on Thursday, but I realized that I have work, and I don't want to push it since I don't know how it'll affect me yet. We'll probably start next week sometime :) It'll be nice to have that extra income so I can pay my grandparents off for my brakes and then start saving some extra dough for rainy days or incidentals (like the new muffler I'm going to need). Every little bit helps, and that extra $200 in my pocket a month will be nice (assuming I can handle it).

One last thing that deserves celebration is that Aaron graduated and got his Associates degree! :) He's currently looking for some type of office job in our local school districts, so we're hoping that something will come up and get his foot in the door. He's getting really bored at home, and worried since he's unemployed (he was a student worker, so when he graduated, he could no longer work the position he had). He'll get something though, I know it. It all just takes time and patience.

Well, Aaron is home now from being the chipmunk taxi, so I can go to bed with a sound mind. I hope you guys have had a good month, and I promise to try and write more often. I've been super slacking lately, I'm sorry :P Everyone have a wonderful day/night.
Until next time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment